Our Support for your Child & Family Includes...
Child Emotion-Focused Therapy
Parent Coaching & Education
Emotion-Focused Mariage & Family Therapy
Mindfulness & Self-Compassion Based Therapy
Equine & Animal-Assisted Therapy
EcoTherapy, Nature-Based Therapy
Retreats & Therapeutic Intensives
Drawing inspiration from one of the most beautiful and natural transformations on earth, my work with children and families is guided by The Butterfly Prescription® This is the guide-map we'll use to help move your child & family from chaos to connection.
PHASE ONE- THE CATERPILLAR: INSPIRE HOPE
- Gain knowledge and inspiration from other real moms and parents;
- Become a parent who is self-aware & self-compassionate;
- Rediscover the language of emotional awareness & attunement;
- Create a new relationship to your child's problems and challenging behaviours;
- Get unstuck from chaotic and rigid patterns of connecting with your child & family;
- Explore lifestyle choices that are keeping you stuck, and enjoy a more peaceful approach to parenting.
PHASE TWO- THE CHRYSALIS: FOSTER CHANGE
- Experience a safe and highly attuned space and relationship, where your child and family can re-discover and rebuild connections, and experience new healthy patterns of relating to each other;
- Allow your child and family the opportunity to tend and repair the big emotions that are bringing chaos into your home;
- Get the tools to parent successfully through difficult times and life transitions;
- Learn to listen and trust your parenting-intuition, and use it to continue to guide your child & family towards mental health and emotional resilience.
PHASE THREE- THE BUTTERFLY: BUILD RESILIENCE
- Grow healthy-habits through your family's mind-body connection;
- Learn the art of 'bouncing-back' and rising strong when chaotic-patterns start to begin again;
- Build a community- your village- that supports your family's connection and healthy lifestyle;
- Become empowered and receive resources and support for continued growth and adaptation;
- Embrace your journey… and learn to stop and enjoy Counting Butterflies along the way.
Specializing in Parent & Childhood Transitions
I meet families everyday who are feeling stuck along their journey to happiness & wellness. Many of the families I connect with are navigating through a life transition, have reached their breaking-point, and are trying to transform their life and reconnect with their child & family.
Life Transitions force us to transform ourselves; challenging us to bend & change, and form new ways of relating to ourselves and others. Here is are some of the most common life transitions that bring children and families to come see us:
new home or school
change in family dynamics (grandma moving in, Dad working more hours, more travel, etc.)
divorce & separation
mom going back to work
your child reaching a new developmental stage (infancy, toddlerhood, preschool, school-aged, pre-teen, teenager, emerging adult)
first year of school, or high school
new to parenthood
- loss in the family
And everything in between...
Parents will often see changes in their child's behaviour during times of change. Changes in Behaviour may include:
- anger & irritability
- sadness & depression
- withdraw & isolation
- school refusal
- academic failures
- lack of joy & pleasure
You are your child's first-aid for navigating through life transitions.
Counting Butterflies' Child & Family Therapist, Jennifer Lynne Walker MSW, collaborated with me to write this guide to help you navigate your child & family through a life transition. We would love to share!
Not sure how we can help your child & family move from chaos to connection?
We would love to offer you a 30-Minute Parent Consultation
As a valued member of our Village, Jenn & I would love to share with you your FREE copy of our Guide so you can get on your way to becoming your child & family's emotional coach... just mention you'd like a copy when you connect, and we will send it right to you.